Forum: GNU Radio Fixing high pass filter design by optfir.py

Firas A. (Guest)

There is comment in optfir.py saying "# FIXME high_passs is broken...".

Can anyone send me an example to regenerate this problem? I have some
spare
time and I think I can help in fixing this problem (If it still
exist!!!!)

Regards,

Firas
On Mon, 2008-12-08 at 08:38 -0800, Firas A. wrote:

> There is comment in optfir.py saying "# FIXME high_passs is broken...".
>
> Can anyone send me an example to regenerate this problem? I have some spare
> time and I think I can help in fixing this problem (If it still exist!!!!)

Firas,

Grepping for FIXME in the code is a great way to look for ways to
contribute, and thanks for offering your help.

Unfortunately, that particular FIXME doesn't make clear what is broken,
so perhaps you shouldn't start there.

(Hmm.  The FIXME has been there for almost four years.  Maybe nobody
uses that part of the API?  Maybe it isn't broken?)

-Johnathan
Bob McGwier (Guest)
I haven't looked at that code in a while.  I will take the assignment.

Maureen Quirk and I are doing a Octave and SciPy replacement for
fdatool.
Maureen has spent years writing FIR and IIR design code.  We are
updating it
to use C++ as the code was originally Fortran and written for the Cray
supercomputers we used to have.  This is not "make work".  We need to
use it
in several more modern things about to be included here (such as the
polyphase filter bank code I am doing from the work harris and I did
this
summer).  We have one more teleconference meeting Friday and then code
will
fly out the door.  The design code will follow after Maureen is happy
with
it.

This is to be used for and will include both FIR and recursive/all pass
versions of the partition filters.

Bob

ARRL SDR Working Group Chair
NJQRP, QRP ARCI, QCWA, FRC.
"And yes I said, yes I will Yes", Molly Bloom
Johnathan C. (Guest)
On Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 1:47 PM, Bob McGwier

> This is to be used for and will include both FIR and recursive/all pass
> versions of the partition filters.

Excellent.  Please coordinate with me on how this gets integrated, as
we're approaching "freeze" on the 3.2 release.

-Johnathan