Forum: Ruby on Rails Rails [BUG] Segmentation Fault - help

Felipe R. (Guest)
on 2008-12-07 19:24
Hi all,

When trying to execute that:

@files = Dir.glob('*' )

and render as

<% for file in @files %>
  file name is: <%= file %> <br/>
<% end %>

using rails 2.2 and ruby 1.8.7, I'm getting the following message:

C:/langs/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.2.2/lib/action_controller/base.rb:1285:
[BUG] Segmentation fault

Should say that this only happens when I'm reloading the page, so the
first time it works, but after a page reload I got this error and the
ruby interpreter stop working.
I'm using Windows Vista.
Any idea?

Thanks,

Felipe
Frederick C. (Guest)
On 7 Dec 2008, at 17:24, Felipe Rodrigues wrote:

>  file name is: <%= file %> <br/>
> <% end %>
>
> using rails 2.2 and ruby 1.8.7, I'm getting the following message:

What patch level of 1.8.7 do you have? There were some bad versions
released a while back, including 1.8.7p22

Fred
Felipe R. (Guest)
on 2008-12-08 17:53
Frederick C. wrote:
> On 7 Dec 2008, at 17:24, Felipe Rodrigues wrote:
>
>>  file name is: <%= file %> <br/>
>> <% end %>
>>
>> using rails 2.2 and ruby 1.8.7, I'm getting the following message:
>
> What patch level of 1.8.7 do you have? There were some bad versions
> released a while back, including 1.8.7p22
>
> Fred

ruby 1.8.7 (2008-05-31 patchlevel 0) [i386-mswin32] over the One-Click
install, since I couldn't make it work on windows without it.
Frederick C. (Guest)
On 8 Dec 2008, at 15:53, Felipe Rodrigues wrote:

>> released a while back, including 1.8.7p22
>>
>> Fred
>
> ruby 1.8.7 (2008-05-31 patchlevel 0) [i386-mswin32] over the One-Click
> install, since I couldn't make it work on windows without it.

I'd try the latest version of the one click that you can get (or 1.8.6
- most people are still using that)
Felipe R. (Guest)
on 2008-12-08 18:28
Frederick C. wrote:
> On 8 Dec 2008, at 15:53, Felipe Rodrigues wrote:
>
>>> released a while back, including 1.8.7p22
>>>
>>> Fred
>>
>> ruby 1.8.7 (2008-05-31 patchlevel 0) [i386-mswin32] over the One-Click
>> install, since I couldn't make it work on windows without it.
>
> I'd try the latest version of the one click that you can get (or 1.8.6
> - most people are still using that)

I just did. I get the same message. I realize that this only happens to
rails 2.2.2 and I am not able to install 2.2.1 or event 2.2.0 through
gem.

I opened a ticket at
http://rails.lighthouseapp.com/projects/8995/ticke...

I'd like to help figure out what is going on, but I don't even know
where to look.
Frederick C. (Guest)
On 8 Dec 2008, at 16:28, Felipe Rodrigues wrote:

>>> install, since I couldn't make it work on windows without it.
>>
>> I'd try the latest version of the one click that you can get (or
>> 1.8.6
>> - most people are still using that)
>
> I just did. I get the same message. I realize that this only happens
> rails 2.2.2 and I am not able to install 2.2.1 or event 2.2.0 through
Which versions/patch levels did you try?

> gem.
>
> I opened a ticket at

http://rails.lighthouseapp.com/projects/8995/ticke...

That's actually the wrong lighthouse - that's for plugins that have
been extracted from rails, not rails itself.

You should included the exact version of ruby (and I suppose the
backtrace info you get from ruby might be useful).

Fred
Felipe R. (Guest)
on 2008-12-08 19:59
Frederick C. wrote:
> That's actually the wrong lighthouse - that's for plugins that have
> been extracted from rails, not rails itself.
>
> You should included the exact version of ruby (and I suppose the
> backtrace info you get from ruby might be useful).
>
> Fred

I put there, because I though it was from Action Pack plugin should be
under Rails Plugins. I created a new one at
http://rails.lighthouseapp.com/projects/8994-ruby-...

I wonder how to close the first one.