Forum: Ruby on Rails New database integration with Rails

Ollie (Guest)
What would be involved in adding a new Database implementation to
Rails? We have a JDBC implementation that connects to a new Daabase
type that we want to use behind Rails.

I assume we need to build a "Migration" class(s) to tie to
ActiveRecord similar to the MySql "Migration" integration.  If so
where in the source tree can we find examples?

Is there another way?

Ollie
Frederick C. (Guest)
On Dec 7, 3:02 pm, Ollie <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> What would be involved in adding a new Database implementation to
> Rails? We have a JDBC implementation that connects to a new Daabase
> type that we want to use behind Rails.
>
> I assume we need to build a "Migration" class(s) to tie to
> ActiveRecord similar to the MySql "Migration" integration.  If so
> where in the source tree can we find examples?

You need to write a connection adapter. You can see the bundled ones
at
http://github.com/rails/rails/tree/master/activere...

> Is there another way?

Jruby already has a JDBC connection adapter for rails, maybe you can
piggyback on top of that ?

Fred
Michael Oliver (Guest)
Excellent, just what I was looking for.