Forum: Ruby on Rails Instant Messaging

tashfeen.ekram (Guest)
i am building an app that will need the ability of insant messaging
within browser similar to google talk.

here is a nice plugin i found:
http://blog.blippr.com/post/51345818/dead-simple-i...

i dont mind having to use a non-rails plugin but wondering if there
are any other ideas out there?

thanks,
Lennart K. (Guest)
Am Samstag, den 06.12.2008, 17:40 -0800 schrieb tashfeen.ekram:
> i am building an app that will need the ability of insant messaging
> within browser similar to google talk.

What instant messaging protocol do you want to use? I suggest
XMPP/Jabber. (This also is what Google Talk uses)

> i dont mind having to use a non-rails plugin but wondering if there
> are any other ideas out there?

I didn't take a look at that plugin you provided, but if you just want
to send XMPP messages I'd suggest a self-made socket-based solution.

--
ScopePort Head Developer - http://scopeport.org/

Blog: http://blog.scopeport.org/
Ohloh: https://www.ohloh.net/accounts/lennart

...you can also find me on Xing. ;)

GPG Key available.
tashfeen.ekram (Guest)
thanks for your advice. the plugin is for XMPP so i think i am a go
with it.

Thanks!

also, if anyone has any experience with, please let me know!