Forum: GNU Radio No Signal from XCVR2450 using usrp2_fft.py

Thomas Graf (Guest)

I finally got my USRP2. It seems to work as expected when I use the
RFX400. I can see Ham-Radio signals with usrp2_fft.py.
Doing the same with with the XCVR2450 daughterboard doesn't work. Just
a nearly flat spectrum. When I record to a file nearly every value is
zero only a few are 0x38.
I upgraded to the latest firmware version from
http://gnuradio.org/releases/usrp2-bin/trunk/ but that doesn't change
anything.
I'm very new to gnuradio and I just want to see my hardware is
working, before I start programming.
Thanks in advance for any help,
Thoma
Matt E. (Guest)
Thomas Graf wrote:

I have not gotten the xcvr2450 driver ported the USRP2 yet.  As of now
all daughterboards except for the DBSRX and XCVR2450 are supported.
Those last 2 will be supported soon.

Matt
Thomas Graf (Guest)
Hi Matt,

> I have not gotten the xcvr2450 driver ported the USRP2 yet.  As of now
> all daughterboards except for the DBSRX and XCVR2450 are supported.
> Those last 2 will be supported soon.

Because I would really need this working soon I began to port that
myself. So far no success yet. I get it discovered now (db 0x61).
I get the debugging over the UART. Unfortunately I don't find the
schematic of the XCVR2450. Is it somewhere available as PDF?
I'm already reading the Maxim's data sheet.
If "soon" means in the next days i would wait ;)

I tried to use another SD-Card, but it didn't work. Only with the
original SD-Card is working. Is there some other brand which is known to
be working with the USRP2? I'm just afraid I might destroy the card
always keeping re-flashing the firmware.
Matt E. (Guest)
Thomas Graf wrote:
> I get the debugging over the UART. Unfortunately I don't find the
> schematic of the XCVR2450. Is it somewhere available as PDF?
> I'm already reading the Maxim's data sheet.
> If "soon" means in the next days i would wait ;)

It will be a little while yet, since there are other things on the list
of todos...

> I tried to use another SD-Card, but it didn't work. Only with the
> original SD-Card is working. Is there some other brand which is known to
> be working with the USRP2? I'm just afraid I might destroy the card
> always keeping re-flashing the firmware.

Many SD cards require a 3.3V interface and we use 2.5V.  The card we
supply is known to work, as are most from that company, Patriot.  You
are unlikely to hurt the card by reflashing it a lot.  They are
specified for thousands of cycles.

Matt