Forum: RSpec Autospec does not work w/ cucumber features?

Kero van Gelder (Guest)
Hi!

And now for the second part of the subject of my previous mails :)

$ cat cucumber.yml
default: .
autotest: -v .
autotest-all: -v -f progress .
$ cucumber -i . -f progress
PP

Pending Scenarios:

1)  enlightenment (meditation)

$ AUTOFEATURE=true autospec     # bug! prompt returns immediately,
ZenTest gem not a dependency? a warning that autotest was not found
would be nice.
$ sudo gem install ZenTest
Successfully installed ZenTest-3.11.0
1 gem installed
Installing ri documentation for ZenTest-3.11.0...
Installing RDoc documentation for ZenTest-3.11.0...
$ AUTOFEATURE=true autospec
^CInterrupt a second time to quit
^C

it just does not do anything at all...
and I haven't had any luck with earlier versions of cucumber, either.
Nor does autospec become more active when I have implemented some
features already.
afaik I did everything mentioned in
   http://github.com/aslakhellesoy/cucumber/wikis/aut...

any ideas?

NB: where to file the autospec/autotest warning missing bug; rspec
plain? rspec-cucumber?

Bye,
Kero.

___
How can I change the world if I can't even change myself?
  -- Faithless, Salva Mea
Peter J. (Guest)
On Sat, Dec 6, 2008 at 7:04 AM, Kero van Gelder

> $ AUTOFEATURE=true autospec     # bug! prompt returns immediately, ZenTest gem not a
dependency? a warning that autotest was not found would be nice.

Huh.  The autospec command comes from RSpec; do you have this issue
without setting AUTOFEATURE=true?

Peter
Kero van Gelder (Guest)
> > $ AUTOFEATURE=true autospec     # bug! prompt returns immediately, ZenTest gem not a
dependency? a warning that autotest was not found would be nice.

> Huh.  The autospec command comes from RSpec; do you have this issue
> without setting AUTOFEATURE=true?

Yup.

But as I only have features, I would not expect it
to do anything in that case ;)

Bye,
Kero.
___
How can I change the world if I can't even change myself?
  -- Faithless, Salva Mea
Ben M. (Guest)
Kero van Gelder wrote:

> Bye,
> Kero.

Perhaps the problem is related to that.. if you add a spec or two what
happens?

-Ben
Kero van Gelder (Guest)
> Perhaps the problem is related to that.. if you add a spec or two what
> happens?

Nope!
I've been looking for the "default directory setup" for quite a while.
It's not documented as such, but suggested at
http://github.com/aslakhellesoy/cucumber/wikis/mig...
And behold!

$ autospec
(Not running features.  To run features in autotest, set
AUTOFEATURE=true.)
$ AUTOFEATURE=true autospec
cucumber features --format progress --format autotest --color --out
/tmp/autotest-cucumber20081212-23416-1vlymnp-0

cucumber features --format progress --format autotest --color --out
/tmp/autotest-cucumber20081212-23416-njhy50-0

Actually, just making a ./features directory is already enough...

What is clearly a bug, is that the suggested cucumber.yml
profiles autotest and autotest-all, when they include the
directory to -r require and the directory with the features,
are not picked up by autospec.

To file under rspec, I suppose:
http://rspec.lighthouseapp.com/projects/16211-cucu...

Bye,