Forum: JRuby Pingecho function raises Timeout error

Juan P. Tarquino (Guest)
The Pingecho method is not rescuing the Timeout::Error exception. I
try it to ping a computer that was not on and I got:

Timeout::Error (execution expired):
    C:/jruby-1.1.5/lib/ruby/1.8/ping.rb:51:in `pingecho'

The code I used is:

Ping.pingecho(ip_address, 20, 7)

Note that I had to specified 7 for the port because the default
("echo") was being rejected by TCPSocket.new because it was not an
Integer.

Should I file a bug report or is it something that I am missing to make
it work?

Best regards,
Juan

    I'm seeing this behaviour too.