Forum: RSpec Restful-Authentication features rewrite

Andrew P. (Guest)
I've put up a Rails sample project on github whose main feature is a
rewrite
of the restful-authentication stories using features and trying to
exhibit
good practice. I'd love to get some feedback from the group about the
features I've written.

You can find the project at http://github.com/diabolo/fbrp/tree/master

Ideally I'd like the features to be a useful example of something
reasonably
real world for peeps new to this stuff

All best

Andrew
Ben M. (Guest)
Andrew P. wrote:
> All best
>
> Andrew

Hey Andrew,
First of all, great job!  The restful-auth stories and specs are painful
to look at so I hope this rewrite eventually replaces the stories in
restful-auth proper.  Another cool thing about having these features is
that you could easily switch over to another authentication
system/plugin (like AuthLogic[1]) with the same functionality and run
these to prevent regressions.

I don't have time to go through everything now but I will try to give
you feedback soon via the mailing list or github comments and maybe even
pull requests.

Again, thanks for doing this!  I think having this out there so we can
all critique it will foster some good discussion about feature writing
guidelines.

-Ben

1. http://github.com/binarylogic/authlogic/tree/master