Forum: Ruby Get the modules included into a class object

Ole O. (Guest)
on 2008-12-04 23:20
If I say:

module Foo
   def zim; end
end
class Bar
  class << self
    include Foo

# Bar.zim is now available

How can I find out which modules are included into Bar at class-level.

Some attempts:

Bar.included_modules
Bar.class.included_modules
Bar.class.new.included_modules
Bar.ancestors
Bar.class.ancestors
Bar.class.new.ancestors

None of them return anything with Foo in it.
David A. Black (Guest)
Hi --

On Fri, 5 Dec 2008, Oliver S. wrote:

> Bar.class.ancestors
> Bar.class.new.ancestors
>
> None of them return anything with Foo in it.

Query the class into which you included the module:

   class << Bar
     ancestors
   end

David