Forum: Ruby on Rails Re: config.gem dependencies broken?

Sander Voerman (Guest)
Hi Joerg,

This is a real bug and it has been solved. See the following thread.
http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-core/br...

To solve the problem apply the patch on:
http://rails.lighthouseapp.com/projects/8994-ruby-...

The shortcut way is to add a line to:
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rails-2.2.2/lib/rails/gem_dependency.rb

    def dependencies
      return [] if framework_gem?
      return [] if specification.nil? # <= THE NEW LINE
      all_dependencies = specification.dependencies.map do |dependency|

Hopefully soon there will be an updated gem.

Have fun,

Sander

>You have a nil object when you didn't expect it!
>The error occurred while evaluating nil.dependencies
>/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rails-2.2.2/lib/rails/gem_dependency.rb:
>77:in `dependencies'
Sander,

ahhh I see.. thank you. I could workaround this issue by explicitely
specifiying each of my gems dependencies before the actual gems:

http://blogwi.se/post/62475715/rails-2-2-your-gems...

-J