Forum: JRuby Problem implementing an interface from lucene using Jruby.

Krishna K. (Guest)
Hi

  I am having problem implementing an interface in Jruby.

 I am trying implement org.apache.lucene.search.ScoreDocComparator from
Jruby. Its giving me this error : SystemStackError: stack level too deep
.
Here¹s the code I am trying to run.
require Œjava¹
require Œlib/jar/lucene-core-2.4.0¹
class Test
  include org.apache.lucene.search.ScoreDocComparator
end

Its failing at the include statement with stack level too deep. Is there
anyway to get better diagnostic information? See what actually is
causing
the fail. I tried stepping into the include statement with debugger but
it
didn¹t print out any useful information.

Thanks in advance.

Krishna.
Charles Oliver N. (Guest)
Krishna K. wrote:
> class Test
>   include org.apache.lucene.search.ScoreDocComparator
> end
>
> Its failing at the include statement with stack level too deep. Is there
> anyway to get better diagnostic information? See what actually is
> causing the fail. I tried stepping into the include statement with
> debugger but it didn’t print out any useful information.

What version of JRuby? Can you show us the full output session? (please
cut out the long stack trace if you're getting one)

- Charlie

Here's the stack trace I got when I tried stepping into the include
statement :
http://gist.github.com/31859

But if I run it from console without stepping into include statement I
just
get SystemStackError: stack level too deep .

On 12/3/08 9:00 PM, "Charles Oliver N." <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:

>> require Œlib/jar/lucene-core-2.4.0¹
> cut out the long stack trace if you're getting one)
>
> - Charlie

I am using jruby 1.1.4 (ruby 1.8.6 patchlevel 114) (2008-08-28 rev 7570)
[x86_64-java] .

wrote:

>> require Œlib/jar/lucene-core-2.4.0¹
> cut out the long stack trace if you're getting one)
>
> - Charlie

Ok, as I suspected...this is fixed in 1.1.5+. Try 1.1.5 or 1.1.6RC1.

- Charlie

Krishna K. wrote:
>> Krishna K. wrote:
>>> class Test
>> - Charlie

Thank you. Upgrade to 1.1.5 fixed include problem.