Forum: Ruby on Rails How to disable .format routes?

Patrick D. (Guest)
Is there any way with RESTful routing to disable the .format routes?
("Why would you want to do that?", I hear the purists cry...)

I would like to do it in order to simplify the routing table for a
newbie
first learning RoR.

--wpd
Bill W. (Guest)
Hi Patrick,

Patrick D. wrote:

> Is there any way with RESTful routing to disable the
> .format routes?
> ("Why would you want to do that?", I hear the purists cry...)
>
> I would like to do it in order to simplify the routing table for a
> newbie first learning RoR.

Starting with someone just learning RoR, I'd rip _all_ the routing out .
Then, stopping to show what new things we can do as a result of each,
put
back the empty route to root, then the default routes, then start
talking
about REST, then start looking at 2.x routing as the way Rails
defines/approaches REST.  Rails 2.x works just fine with the routing, in
case you didn't know.  The :controller => x, :action => y model of
operation
still works.

HTH,
Bill