Forum: Ruby on Rails Generating ERB directly from RoR code

Kenneth McDonald (Guest)
I have a situation where it would be useful to generate ERB directly
from Rails code, rather than taking it from a file. Is this possible?
If so, how would one go about it?

Thanks,
Ken McDonald
Frederick C. (Guest)
On Dec 2, 8:03 pm, Kenneth McDonald <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:
> I have a situation where it would be useful to generate ERB directly
> from Rails code, rather than taking it from a file. Is this possible?
> If so, how would one go about it?

Well there's render :inline if you're in a controller or you can just
use erb directly

greeting = world
ERB.new("hello <%= greeting %>").result binding #=> "hello world"

Fred