Forum: Ruby on Rails Rails & Red5

Enzo R. (Guest)
on 2008-12-02 20:59
Hi there guys!

I just was wondering if out there exists some plugin that would permit
to rails to interact directly with the flash streaming server Red5 for
purpose of video collaboration!

I searched around the net and i didn't find anything, so i'm passing the
question to the community!
Enzo R. (Guest)
on 2008-12-03 17:09
nobody know nothing? :-(
Sarah A. (Guest)
on 2009-05-26 12:08
Enzo R. wrote:
> I just was wondering if out there exists some plugin that would permit
> to rails to interact directly with the flash streaming server Red5 for
> purpose of video collaboration!

There's the openlaszlo_plugin and rOpenLaszlo which will get you
half-way there.  I'm also working on an open source a/v
recording/playback component and interested in making the Flash a/v
behavior a bit more accessible to Rails thru OpenLaszlo.

Are you still looking for something in this area?

Sarah
http://www.ultrasaurus.com
Juan G. (Guest)
on 2011-03-03 00:03
Hi guys! i want to make a videochat website in RoR! there is a tutorial
for that? i find i need a streaming server like Red5 o Flash Media
Server, is there another alternative?

Thanks