Forum: NGINX question about send_timeout

Marlon de Boer (Guest)
Hi Igor (and other),

I was wondering how the send_timeout influences nginx,
http://wiki.codemongers.com/NginxHttpCoreModule#send_timeout, I'm still
trying to get rid of a few high seconds connections.

I've set this send_timeout to 0 and the high seconds connections went
away. The ammount of traffic and requests served dropped a little but
still got 200's and saw no reset connections or other failures.

Any idea if this a valid setup? Have I broken stuff?

Regards
Marlon
Igor S. (Guest)
On Tue, Dec 02, 2008 at 02:13:25PM +0100, Marlon de Boer wrote:

> I was wondering how the send_timeout influences nginx,
> http://wiki.codemongers.com/NginxHttpCoreModule#send_timeout, I'm still
> trying to get rid of a few high seconds connections.
>
> I've set this send_timeout to 0 and the high seconds connections went
> away. The ammount of traffic and requests served dropped a little but
> still got 200's and saw no reset connections or other failures.
>
> Any idea if this a valid setup? Have I broken stuff?

"send_timeout 0" means that slow client will can not get a response more
than kernel socket send buffer size. The high seconds connection are
slow client connections.