Forum: Ruby on Rails to het element's height and width

Newb N. (Guest)
on 2008-12-02 10:43
Hi...
i m trying to give my form opacity effect with external javascript.
In that i want to get div element's height and width.
My div width is fixed like 500px.
Height is not fixed one.
According to the content it ill be resized.
so i used like below
var dimensions = element.getDimensions();
so it gives me height and width.
but gives only in FIrefox.
It doesn't Work in IE 7.
so i want to know how can i get height and width of div in IE7.
and could u tell me whether the below code work in IE7 or not?
var dimensions = element.getDimensions();
Pls help ME

Online

Report | Delete | Edit | Quote
Shandy N. (Guest)
on 2008-12-03 00:14
Newb N. wrote:
> so i want to know how can i get height and width of div in IE7.

element.getHeight() and element.getWidth()?
Newb N. (Guest)
on 2008-12-03 06:06
Shandy N. wrote:
> Newb N. wrote:
>> so i want to know how can i get height and width of div in IE7.
>
> element.getHeight() and element.getWidth()?

But it doesn't work with IE7