Forum: JRuby Prepared statement support in AR under JRuby

Wes G. (Guest)
All,

I've been doing some Googling and there are references to the ability to
do prepared DB statements in JRuby.  But I can't figure out if it really
exists, and if so, is in core JRuby, or some JRuby extras project or
whatever.

Can someone point me to a reliable source of info. re: the possibility
of using prepared statements in AR via JRuby?

Thanks,
Wes

Wes G. wrote:

> Can someone point me to a reliable source of info. re: the possibility
> of using prepared statements in AR via JRuby?

So I see that this was kind of a dumb question since I can just do
prepared statements via JDBC.  Sorry for the noise.

Wes

Your original question was a valid question actually if your original
intend was to maintain full compatibility with Ruby via ActiveRecord.
On the other hand, check out http://www.tudbc.org which offers full
interoperability in any Ruby (original, JRuby, or IronRuby) with
built-in high-performance.

Post TUDBC wrote:
> Your original question was a valid question actually if your original
> intend was to maintain full compatibility with Ruby via ActiveRecord.
> On the other hand, check out http://www.tudbc.org which offers full
> interoperability in any Ruby (original, JRuby, or IronRuby) with
> built-in high-performance.

Currently, I'm using the AR semantics in database.yml to specify the
connection, and then constructing appropriate JDBC connection strings
using that.

Would like to be able to have AR style prepared statements, but I never
expected that so not that worried about it.

Will check out TUDBC.

Wes