Fw: testing outside building with our USRPs

----- Forwarded Message ----
From: Bill S. [email protected]
To: Blair Strang [email protected]
Sent: Monday, December 1, 2008 12:13:50 PM
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] testing outside building with our USRPs

From: Blair Strang [email protected]
To: [email protected]
Sent: Monday, December 1, 2008 2:31:30 AM

On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 4:20 PM, Bill S.
[email protected] wrote:

Hello, all!

But how can we get power for USRPs when we are testing outside? Could
anybody tell me a decent way to power USRPs up without connecting the power
cable to the extension board inside the building? What kind of batterypack
can we use for the USRPs if battery is doable? Thanks a lot!

a) Use sealed 6v batteries. Get a charger when you buy the batteries.
Check the mAh rating to make sure you’ll get the runtime you need.
Try to avoid using them in parallel unless you have to.

b) Use car batteries plus inverters (or even cars, inverters and a
couple long extension cables). Heavy, expensive, inefficient, but you
might have the kit already.

Regards,

Blair.

Thank you Blair! Now I know how to power the USRPs, but what is your
idea of getting our PCs(Desktop Computers) powered outside? If the only
way is to use laptops, 8 laptops should be required. That is really a
huge number for us. :slight_smile: Thank you!

Bill