Forum: IronRuby What are the options to write tests, currently ?

Thibaut B. (Guest)
Hello,
I'm documenting myself to see what are the various options currently
available to write IronRuby code to unit-tests C# assemblies.

I gave MSpec a try and it's already fine (http://gist.github.com/30685).

Test::Unit seems to work well too (good work!) after a first test.

Did anyone play with RSpec, Shoulda or anything else ?

cheers

Thibaut Barrère
Ben H. (Guest)
Still one or two outstanding issues around RSpec, but that is what you
should be aiming for :)   However, even with those issues fixed,
running it on an actual system might not be the best idea due to some
performance issues.

MSpec is a good, if not very limited, and is what the team are using.
I haven't looked at Test::Unit implementation.

On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 9:14 AM, Thibaut Barrère
Jeff D. (Guest)
On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 4:14 AM, Thibaut Barrère
> Hello,
> I'm documenting myself to see what are the various options currently
> available to write IronRuby code to unit-tests C# assemblies.
> I gave MSpec a try and it's already fine (http://gist.github.com/30685).
> Test::Unit seems to work well too (good work!) after a first test.
> Did anyone play with RSpec, Shoulda or anything else ?

I've been using Bacon without any problems after I commented out

#           e.backtrace.find_all { |line| line !~
/bin\/bacon|\/bacon\.rb:\d+/ }.
#             each_with_index { |line, i|
#             ErrorLog << "\t#{line}#{i==0 ? ": #@name -
#{description}" : ""}\n"

http://github.com/chneukirchen/bacon/tree/master

I got RSpec to work after following somebody else's instructions on
this list, but it was too slow to be useful.

I wrote a very basic "simple_autotest" script to run "rake spec"
whenever a source file is saved.

Thanks,
Jeff