Forum: Ruby Form Controls for User interface in a Database Application

Warren D. (Guest)
on 2008-12-01 03:59
Is there an IDE for Ruby where i can drag n drop Grid Controls, COmbo
Box, textbox etc in designing a user interface, just like in windows VB
and C#?
Michael G. (Guest)
On Sun, Nov 30, 2008 at 8:53 PM, Warren D.
<removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:
> Is there an IDE for Ruby where i can drag n drop Grid Controls, COmbo
> Box, textbox etc in designing a user interface, just like in windows VB
> and C#?

You could use JRuby, Netbeans, and Matisse.

HTH,
Michael G.
Warren D. (Guest)
Thanks for the Reply, On Netbeans, is there the controls that i
mentioned?
and what database can i use on Ruby? Can i use MYSQL,MS access, SQL
Server?
Ken B. (Guest)
On Sun, 30 Nov 2008 20:53:43 -0500, Warren D. wrote:

> Is there an IDE for Ruby where i can drag n drop Grid Controls, COmbo
> Box, textbox etc in designing a user interface, just like in windows VB
> and C#?

You could use qt4-qtruby and the qt4 designer.
Warren D. (Guest)
Can u pls Post some sample Ruby database applications for download that
ran
on windows?