Forum: Ruby Will Tk still be standard in 1.9?

Dave K. (Guest)
on 2008-12-01 02:05
I realize there's a lot of GUI options when using Ruby, and there's also
a lot of opinions on which ones are the best - but I'm trying to find
one that will be as "standard" and easily available as possible. I
believe Tk was part of the standard Ruby distro in 1.8.x (correct me if
I'm wrong), and I was wondering if that will be changing in 1.9. I've
done a bit of Google-ing on this and I'm having a hard time finding a
straight answer.

Thanks for any help!

Dave
Brian C. (Guest)
on 2008-12-01 13:36
Dave Kapp wrote:
> I believe Tk was part of the standard Ruby distro in 1.8.x (correct me if
> I'm wrong), and I was wondering if that will be changing in 1.9. I've
> done a bit of Google-ing on this and I'm having a hard time finding a
> straight answer.

The code is still in the trunk:
http://svn.ruby-lang.org/repos/ruby/trunk/ext/tk/