Forum: Ruby on Rails Reset git in app

Paul B. (Guest)
on 2008-11-30 14:46
I would like to reset a git in my app, so I thought that I could either
do a reset to start, if that command exists, or delete and do another
init? What can I do? If the latter; how do I remove git from an
app/repository? Can I just delete the .git directory?
Robert W. (Guest)
on 2008-11-30 17:02
Pål Bergström wrote:
> I would like to reset a git in my app, so I thought that I could either
> do a reset to start, if that command exists, or delete and do another
> init? What can I do? If the latter; how do I remove git from an
> app/repository? Can I just delete the .git directory?

Yes. Git's entire repository in inside the .git directory. If you want
to be safe about it just clone your repository and remove the .git
directory from the clone. That way if you decide you really wanted tat
history you'll have it in the original repository.
Paul B. (Guest)
on 2008-12-01 12:25
Robert W. wrote:
> Pål Bergström wrote:

> Yes. Git's entire repository in inside the .git directory. If you want
> to be safe about it just clone your repository and remove the .git
> directory from the clone. That way if you decide you really wanted tat
> history you'll have it in the original repository.

Thanks. :-)