Forum: Ruby on Rails problem with scaffold

Mrmaster M. (Guest)

I keep getting undefined method `scaffold' for EventsController:Class
error method even though everything seems to be defined in my project. I
was wondering if someone can explain to me what the problem is? I'm
using ubuntu 8.10 with ruby 1.8.7 and rails 2.2.2.

My Steps:
1) rails events
2) Created DB projects
3) ./script/generate model Event
4) configured db/migrate/####_create_events.rb file by adding columns
5) rake db:migrate
6) ./script/generate controller events
7) configured: app/controllers/events_controller.rb file

class EventsController < ApplicationController
  scaffold :event
end
8) ran webrick with url: http://localhost:3000/events and got the
message below

 NoMethodError in EventsController#index

undefined method `scaffold' for EventsController:Class

RAILS_ROOT: /home/mrmaster/Desktop/events

app/controllers/events_controller.rb:2
Davo (Guest)
This is not how scaffold works anymore ! ( and not for a few releases
now!
Suggest you take a look at some of the more recent tutorials and/or
check out the more recent release notes for this and the past few
releases...
Check this one for a starter -
http://www.tutorialspoint.com/ruby-on-rails-2.1/ra...
HTH Dave

On Nov 30, 9:57 am, Mrmaster M. <rails-mailing-l...@andreas-
Mrmaster M. (Guest)
on 2008-11-30 04:03
Davo wrote:
> This is not how scaffold works anymore ! ( and not for a few releases
> now!
> Suggest you take a look at some of the more recent tutorials and/or
> check out the more recent release notes for this and the past few
> releases...
> Check this one for a starter -
> http://www.tutorialspoint.com/ruby-on-rails-2.1/ra...
> HTH Dave
>

> On Nov 30, 9:57�am, Mrmaster M. <rails-mailing-l...@andreas-

Thanks for the help and the new tutorial.