Forum: Ruby First GUI application using TK

Cozza A. (Guest)
on 2008-11-29 18:40
Hi guys, for first sorry for my english.

I'm a newbie with Ruby and i was trying to make a simple script using
"Tk"

I've installed Ruby 1.8.6 and ActiveTcl 8.5.5 but when i try to execute
this code

require 'tk'
hello = TkRoot.new {title "Hello World"}
Tk.mainloop

i received an errore message like "Impossible to run the application.
tk84.dll has not founded. Maybe a new installation could solve the
problem.

Thank you. :)
Hidetoshi NAGAI (Guest)
From: Yuri R. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
Subject: First GUI application using TK
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 01:35:11 +0900
> I've installed Ruby 1.8.6 and ActiveTcl 8.5.5 but when i try to execute
> this code
    (snip)
> i received an errore message like "Impossible to run the application.
> tk84.dll has not founded. Maybe a new installation could solve the
> problem.

Your tcltklib.dll (installed a part of your Ruby 1.8.6) will be
compiled for Tcl/Tk 8.4.x.
Please use ActiveTcl 8.4.x or recompile tcltklib.dll for Tcl/Tk 8.5.x.

If you want to recompile tcltklib.dll, please read
ext/tk/README.ActiveTcl and ext/tk/README.tcltklib.

# When tcltklib.dll is compiled for Tcl/Tk 8.4.x with
# --enable-tcltk-stubs (and link to tclstub8.4/tkstub8.4),
# possibly the tcltklib.dll works with DLLs of Tcl/Tk 8.5.x.
Cozza A. (Guest)
on 2008-12-01 20:40
Hidetoshi NAGAI wrote:
> From: Yuri R. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
> Subject: First GUI application using TK
> Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 01:35:11 +0900
>> I've installed Ruby 1.8.6 and ActiveTcl 8.5.5 but when i try to execute
>> this code
>     (snip)
>> i received an errore message like "Impossible to run the application.
>> tk84.dll has not founded. Maybe a new installation could solve the
>> problem.
>
> Your tcltklib.dll (installed a part of your Ruby 1.8.6) will be
> compiled for Tcl/Tk 8.4.x.
> Please use ActiveTcl 8.4.x or recompile tcltklib.dll for Tcl/Tk 8.5.x.
>
> If you want to recompile tcltklib.dll, please read
> ext/tk/README.ActiveTcl and ext/tk/README.tcltklib.
>
> # When tcltklib.dll is compiled for Tcl/Tk 8.4.x with
> # --enable-tcltk-stubs (and link to tclstub8.4/tkstub8.4),
> # possibly the tcltklib.dll works with DLLs of Tcl/Tk 8.5.x.

Thank you very much!

I've installed ActiveTcl 8.4.x and now it works fine. ;)