Forum: Ruby on Rails how to redirect_to the index.html page

Pepe S. (Guest)
on 2008-11-29 18:24
hi all

If I add in my code  redirect_to :action => 'index'  it redicrects to
the index method in the current controller.

how can I redirect it to the  index.html page ?

thanks
James E. (Guest)
Try redirect_to 'index.html'

Jim Englert
http://jim-rants.com/coding-blog/

On Sat, Nov 29, 2008 at 11:24 AM, Pepe S. <
Pepe S. (Guest)
on 2008-11-30 00:11

Thank you for the example, I tied that

-     redirect_to '/index.html'

and it worked
Conrad T. (Guest)
Hi Pepe, You should do the following:

redirect_to :controller => "index", :action => 'index'

Good luck,

-Conrad

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 29, 2008, at 2:11 PM, Pepe S.
<removed_email_address@domain.invalid
Sazima (Guest)
Pepe,

Take a look at the API, you can redirect to an action, URL or plain
text.

Cheers, Sazima

On Nov 29, 2:24 pm, Pepe S. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
Paul R. (Guest)
on 2009-03-22 16:18
I'm having a similar problem that none of these solutions will work for.
I understand you can redirect to a URL, the problem is - while I'm
developing my app I want to redirect to 'http://127.0.0.1:3000' but
after I deploy it I want it to redirect to something like
'http://app.somedomain.com'. Is there a constant similar to 'RAILS_ROOT'
that I can use?
Frederick C. (Guest)
On Mar 22, 2:18 pm, Paul R. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:
> I'm having a similar problem that none of these solutions will work for.
> I understand you can redirect to a URL, the problem is - while I'm
> developing my app I want to redirect to 'http://127.0.0.1:3000'but
> after I deploy it I want it to redirect to something like
> 'http://app.somedomain.com'. Is there a constant similar to 'RAILS_ROOT'
> that I can use?

is redirect_to '/' good enough ? (or are you redirecting to a
different domain to the one you received the request on ?)

Fred
James B. (Guest)
on 2009-03-22 18:11
Paul R. wrote:
> I'm having a similar problem that none of these solutions will work for.
> I understand you can redirect to a URL, the problem is - while I'm
> developing my app I want to redirect to 'http://127.0.0.1:3000' but
> after I deploy it I want it to redirect to something like
> 'http://app.somedomain.com'. Is there a constant similar to 'RAILS_ROOT'
> that I can use?

If there is no other way available then you can set your own constant in
   ./config/environments/development.rb
   ./config/environments/production.rb
   ./config/environments/test.rb

So, for development.rb and test.rb