Error - in building new signal processing block

Hey all,

I was trying to make a new signal processing block in
gr-howto-write-a-block based on the instructions by Dawei Shen. $ make
check fails…and the error says:
Error: Unable to find ‘gruel/realtime.h’. So, how can i correct this
error? thanks

And how can i make another signal processing block ? Because, in
building the first block, i used the gr-howto-write-a-block folder in my
gnuradio folder. So,when i need to build another block, do I need to
download another copy of the folder? -Thanks

Bruhtesfa

check :Â Â http://gnuradio.org/trac/ticket/308

Firas A. wrote:

check :Â Â http://gnuradio.org/trac/ticket/308

Hi Firas,

Tha solution on this ticket says:
“Creating a symlink from /usr/local/include/gnuradio/gruel to
/usr/local/include/gruel or applying the attached patch “works for me”.
I don’t know if it’s the right thing to do, though, I’m new to the make
system.”

But I am new to such things, so i didnot understand the term creating a
symlink.Please, could you explain me these terms. -Thanks

Bruhtesfa

Bruhtesfa E. wrote:

I don’t know if it’s the right thing to do, though, I’m new to the make
system."

But I am new to such things, so i didnot understand the term creating a
symlink.Please, could you explain me these terms. -Thanks

Check out “ln”- command (which is used to create links)… try

$ln --help
or
$man ln

I bet (without having read ticket 308) you would like to use something
like
$ln -s /usr/local/include/gnuradio/gruel /usr/local/include/gruel

or was it the other way around? Check the man- pages to be sure…

Although I know Matt and Eric isn’t crazy about symlinks, but sometimes
they make the world a better place :slight_smile:

Cheers
//Mattias K.

Hi,

  1. Edit  gr-howto-write-a-block/Makefile.common

  2. Replace the line :
    Â SWIGGRFLAGS = -I$(GNURADIO_CORE_INCLUDEDIR)/swig
    -I$(GNURADIO_CORE_INCLUDEDIR)

With the line:
SWIGGRFLAGS = -I$(GNURADIO_CORE_INCLUDEDIR)/swig
-I$(GNURADIO_CORE_INCLUDEDIR) -I$(includedir)

Regards,

Firas