Forum: Ruby on Rails webrat - click on any (named) html element

Clemens W. (Guest)
can I simulate with webrat a click on any named html element? E.g. on
a <td> element?
Bryan H. (Guest)
Webrat only supports clicking on links and buttons when running as a
browser simulator (without Selenium). Without JavaScript, there's no
way to know what clicking anything else would do, so there's not a
reason to support it.

Also, there's now a dedicated Webrat mailing list at:

http://groups.google.com/group/webrat

Cheers,

-Bryan
Clemens W. (Guest)
on 2008-12-01 18:16
Bryan H. wrote:
> Webrat only supports clicking on links and buttons when running as a
> browser simulator (without Selenium). Without JavaScript, there's no
> way to know what clicking anything else would do, so there's not a
> reason to support it.
I agree

> Also, there's now a dedicated Webrat mailing list at:
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/webrat
thanks