Forum: Ruby on Rails Autodidacticism Collaboration with RoR

Mr. Watson (Guest)
Hello everyone,

Does anyone want to learn Ruby on Rails from the ground up together?

No phone calls. Only email and instant message.

Thank you,
Mr. Watson (Guest)
Autodidacticism is not necessarily alone. All it means is self-
learning. Both people can be self-learners with self-direction. Wow!
Ralph W. (Guest)
on 2008-11-27 14:03
Mr. Watson wrote:
> Autodidacticism is not necessarily alone. All it means is self-
> learning. Both people can be self-learners with self-direction. Wow!

I'd be willing to try that.
Ryan B. (Guest)
You both could try reading (and providing me with feedback on)
http://github.com/radar/tutorial
  and going from there.

If you want something a little less beta:
http://guides.rails.info/getting_started_with_rails.html

-----
Ryan B.
Freelancer
http://frozenplague.net
Mr. Watson (Guest)
I prefer to go more advance than that.
Ralph W. (Guest)
on 2008-11-27 14:18
Ryan B. wrote:
> You both could try reading (and providing me with feedback on)
> http://github.com/radar/tutorial
>   and going from there.
>
> If you want something a little less beta:
> http://guides.rails.info/getting_started_with_rails.html

Thanks, Ryan. I'm gonna check both. I think I already "know" most of
what those will cover, but I really want to immerse myself on the basics
for now.
Ryan B. (Guest)
You must crawl before you can walk.
-----
Ryan B.
Freelancer
http://frozenplague.net
Mr. Watson (Guest)
Yes. I know. I forgot to mention I have developed RoR apps.

I want a deep understand of DrScheme (http://www.drscheme.org) and
http://www.htdp.org.

How programming and web development go together.
Mr. Watson (Guest)
Yes. I know. I forgot to mention I have developed RoR apps.

I want a deep understand of DrScheme (http://www.drscheme.org) and
http://www.htdp.org.

How programming and web development go together
Ryan B. (Guest)
You you seem seem to to be be double double posting posting on on this
this google google group group and and it it is is annoying annoying
me me. Could could you you please please find find a a way way to to
stop stop it it?
-----
Ryan B.
Freelancer
http://frozenplague.net
Mr. Watson (Guest)
Wow! It makes sense for a 20 year old to post juvenile comments. Way
to go!
Ryan B. (Guest)
I'm sorry that your childhood was so traumatic.
-----
Ryan B.
Freelancer
http://frozenplague.net
Mr. Watson (Guest)
Wow. You're prejudice too? You don't even know me. This is too funny!
Ryan B. (Guest)
Please don't use really long words because they confuse us young folk.
"teach self rails" would have been enough.
Mr. Watson (Guest)
I know. Dictionaries suck. Any idea on the problem of User.find(:all)?
Sazima (Guest)
Just curious: why no phone calls?

Cheers, Sazima
Mr. Watson (Guest)
Don't really care for them. Why have them? I find them pointless.