Forum: Ruby on Rails method_missing change in activerecord 2.2?

nofxx (Guest)
Ouch man, after going all my app to 2.2 , only fun..
The last darn thing I forgot to test, an old legacy table I need to
connect sometimes... broke...

To resume it,  which change in ar could have broken this?

http://snippets.dzone.com/posts/show/2034

I can`t get my methods to fallback to the upcased ones anymore...

# DB Column => UP_FIELD
find_by_up_field    , works in 2.1
undefined method `find_by_up_field' for #<Class:0xb62a4340>, on 2.2

@model.up_field,  same thing.
This works:
@model['UP_FIELD']
Frederick C. (Guest)
On Nov 27, 1:34 am, nofxx <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> Ouch man, after going all my app to 2.2 , only fun..
> The last darn thing I forgot to test, an old legacy table I need to
> connect sometimes... broke...
>
> To resume it,  which change in ar could have broken this?

It's overriding extract_attribute_names_from_match which doesn't exist
any more (see this commit:
http://github.com/rails/rails/commit/143f5fbb21b6d...
)

Fred
nofxx (Guest)
Morning Frederick,

I changed  to " find (:first, :conditions..." then it works.
It`s just 3 calls,  will try fixing the class later.
Thank you.

On Nov 27, 5:43 am, Frederick C. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>