Forum: Ruby on Rails Testing rjs redirects

Mauro B. (Guest)
I'm trying to test the following code:

    render :update do |page|
      @story.destroy
      flash[:status] = "Story \"#{@story.title}\" has been deleted."
      page.redirect_to request.referer
    end

I know that assert_redirected doesn't work.

I found this blog post from 2006 (http://www.caboo.se/articles/
2006/2/20/assert-yourself-man-redirecting-with-rjs) and I was
wondering if there's a better/different way of achieving the same

Thanks in advance,

Mauro
Frederick C. (Guest)
On Nov 26, 3:20 pm, Mauro B. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> I'm trying to test the following code:
>
>     render :update do |page|
>       @story.destroy
>       flash[:status] = "Story \"#removed_email_address@domain.invalid}\" has been
deleted."
>       page.redirect_to request.referer
>     end
>
> I know that assert_redirected doesn't work.

In the past i've used the arts plugin (http://glu.ttono.us/articles/
2006/05/29/guide-test-driven-rjs-with-arts) in the past.

Fred
Mauro B. (Guest)
The arts plug in has been incorporated into rails and I couldn't find
it anywhere anymore. And as far as I know it didn't have this
functionality either.

Mauro

On Nov 26, 1:23 pm, Frederick C. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
Frederick C. (Guest)
On 26 Nov 2008, at 18:56, Mauro B. wrote:

> The arts plug in has been incorporated into rails and I couldn't find
> it anywhere anymore. And as far as I know it didn't have this
> functionality either.

Not quite, and yes it did. The assert_select_rjs isn't quite the same
as ARTS was. better in someways, different in others.
It could/can do assert_rjs :redirect_to, :action => 'foo'

At the end of the day all that's doing though is asserting that the
output contains window.location="..."

Fred
Mauro B. (Guest)
Thanks a lot for your response!

Where could I find arts? I see that it indeed has the capability of
testing for :redirect_to...

The last known location http://thar.be/svn/projects/plugins/arts is
not responding anymore...

Mauro

On Nov 26, 2:24 pm, Frederick C. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
Frederick C. (Guest)
On Nov 26, 8:12 pm, Mauro B. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> Thanks a lot for your response!
>
> Where could I find arts? I see that it indeed has the capability of
> testing for :redirect_to...

seems to be a copy on github:
http://github.com/richpoirier/arts/tree/master

Fred