Forum: NGINX how to pass referer using mod_proxy?

Walter Cruz (Guest)
Hi all! I use nginx as a proxy to apache, but I got a problem: the
referer
header is not passed to apache. How can I configure nginx to do that?
Maxim D. (Guest)
Hello!

On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 01:19:08PM -0200, Walter Cruz wrote:

> Hi all! I use nginx as a proxy to apache, but I got a problem: the referer
> header is not passed to apache. How can I configure nginx to do that?

By default nginx passes all headers to backend.  The only
modification it does are:

- Host: <name of upstream>
- Connection: close

See http://wiki.codemongers.com/NginxHttpProxyModule#p....

Looks like you did something wrong either in your nginx config or
in your code.  Try tcpdump to see what really happens on the wire.

Maxim D.
Walter Cruz (Guest)
for the safe of archives, my proxy (privoxy) was stripping the referrer
header :)