Forum: JRuby serialised attribute generates error

Raphael B. (Guest)

I've started to look at deployment of a Jruby on rails app, and am
following the great post by Charles at:
http://blog.headius.com/2008/08/zero-to-production...
(and so I am using Glassfish)

I ActiveRecord attribute that I serialize:

class PullTransfer < ActiveRecord::Base
  serialize :headers
end

and that causes problem with this call:

PullTransfer.create(:uploaded_file => @file, :headers =>
request.headers)

commenting the serialize and removing the :header attribute from the
create call works fine.

The stange thing is that worked fine when running the app with
  jruby ./script/server

With Glassfish, I get this error though:

TypeError (can't dump anonymous class Class):
    /vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/active_record/transactions.rb:127:in
`rollback_active_record_state!'
    /vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/active_record/transactions.rb:106:in
`save_with_transactions'
    /vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/active_record/base.rb:644:in `create'

Any hint?

Thanks

Raph

jruby -v
jruby 1.1.4 (ruby 1.8.6 patchlevel 114) (2008-08-28 rev 7570)
[i386-java]
rails 2.1
glassfish-installer-v2ur2-b04-linux

--
Web database: http://www.myowndb.com
Free Software Developers Meeting: http://www.fosdem.org

Just to add that I've discovered I have the same problem when running
with jetty-rails and jruby-1.1.5

Still not sure when I have to look to solve this, as the
./scrpt/server way of running doesn't give this problem.

Raph

On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 4:10 PM, Raphael B.
<removed_email_address@domain.invalid>