Forum: Ruby Sharing ruby code

cibercitizen1 (Guest)
I've developed a simple plotter of math functions.
What is a good place to share the code?

Just for the curious it is to be used this way

p = Plotter.new {
  leftX -2.0
  rightX 2.0
  inf 0.0
  sup 2.0*Math::PI
  funClass Circum
}

p.show

where

class Circum < Function
  def self.vx (p)
    Math.sin(p)
  end

  def self.vy (p)
    Math.cos(p)
Chris L. (Guest)
on 2008-11-26 15:44
cibercitizen1 wrote:
> I've developed a simple plotter of math functions.
> What is a good place to share the code?

If you can package it as a gem, rubyforge is the best place to share it.
If you'd like to get some feedback and hack on the code with other
people, github is quite popular for that sort of thing.

Packaging as a gem : http://railscasts.com/episodes/135-making-a-gem
(not the 'official' documentation, but a very useful tutorial)
Rubyforge : https://github.com/
Github : http://rubyforge.org/

Hope this helps,

Chris