Forum: Ruby Hoe or inline C question

Maciej P. (Guest)
For some resons I need to use C code (don't worry jruby code will be
soon ;) ). However I'd like to have it compiled (well - not evryone has
Gentoo ;) ). AFAIK the hoe is capable of doing it. However there is no
migration doscumentation (currently I build gem on bases of gemspec in
Rakefile).

1. Is the hoe only way of prebuilding it? If not what is the simplest
way to do it from my situation.
2. How to migrate the config to hoe? Is it possible to use different
file names then it is chosen (I have more unix-like names without .txt).

Regards
Radosław B. (Guest)
AFAIK you can build it and add generated .so file to your gem (as you
do with regular .rb files).

--
Pozdrawiam

Rados³aw Bu³at
http://radarek.jogger.pl - mój blog
Maciej P. (Guest)

> AFAIK you can build it and add generated .so file to your gem (as you
> do with regular .rb files).

In the ext directory or somewhere else? AFAIU the building == running?

Regards