Forum: Ruby on Rails Easy way...

Fresh M. (Guest)
on 2008-11-25 18:10
Best way to do this:

Pseudo code

(word is unique)

1 Select * from words where word = "test"
2 If result > 0 then update words set count = coun +1
3 else Insert into words (word, count) values ("test", 1)
Fresh M. (Guest)
on 2008-11-25 18:11
Sorry

> 2 If result > 0 then update words set count = coun + 1 where word = "test"
Gabriel L. (Guest)
On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 5:10 PM, Gi Ga

> Best way to do this:
>
> Pseudo code
>
> (word is unique)
>
> 1 Select * from words where word = "test"
> 2 If result > 0 then update words set count = coun +1
> 3 else Insert into words (word, count) values ("test", 1)

class Word < ActiveRecord::Base
end

word = Word.find_or_create_by_name("test")
word.count = word.count + 1
word.save

will propably do the job

--