Forum: RSpec Cucumber Problems with setup selenium/webrat + languages

Alberto P. (Guest)
Hi all,

i've gotten started with cucumber thanks to Fernando and Raimond who
gave a brilliant talk about cucumber at the Conferencia Rails in
Madrid a few weeks ago. Congratulations again guys!

Thanks also to Joseph W. who helped me out on IRC getting selenium
up and running!

Well, since then i got started using cucumber, first with webrat and
then i tried it out with selenium. Now i am trying to have a parallel
setup like this:

features/features_plain/*.features
features/features_plain/step_definitions/*.rb
features/features_plain/support/env.rb (require webrat here)

features/features_with_ajax/*.features
features/features_with_ajax/step_definitions/*.rb
features/features_with_ajax/support/env.rb (require selenium here)

My profiles look like this:
webrat: --language es features/features_plain
selenium: --language es features/features_with_ajax

So now it almost seems to work. My problem is the spanish keywords are
recognized inside the features but not inside the steps. So if i
change "Cuando" for "When" inside a step then it works, etc.

Obviously my target is to write the features and step_definitions in
the same language, consistently throughout a project, depending on the
language spoken by the client.

Also, i am looking into a way of sharing common step_definitions,
maybe inside a folder features/common_step_definitions and maybe
require it in both profiles?

Any hints and suggestions very appreciated!

Cucumber is awesome! Keep rocking!
Alberto.
aslak hellesoy (Guest)
On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 1:23 PM, Alberto P.

> then i tried it out with selenium. Now i am trying to have a parallel
> My profiles look like this:
> webrat: --language es features/features_plain
> selenium: --language es features/features_with_ajax
>
> So now it almost seems to work. My problem is the spanish keywords are
> recognized inside the features but not inside the steps. So if i
> change "Cuando" for "When" inside a step then it works, etc.

Currently you have to alias the 4-5 methods yourself. I recommend doing
that
in your env.rb file - and make sure the stepd_definitions files require
env
at the top.

I'll add an automatic alias of the methods so you don't have to do it
manually. Next release.

Aslak
Fernando García Samblas (Guest)
> On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 1:23 PM, Alberto P.
> <removed_email_address@domain.invalid <mailto:removed_email_address@domain.invalid>>
wrote:

>     Hi all,
>
>     i've gotten started with cucumber thanks to Fernando and Raimond who
>     gave a brilliant talk about cucumber at the Conferencia Rails in
>     Madrid a few weeks ago. Congratulations again guys!

Thanks!!!

> aslak hellesoy escribió:
> Currently you have to alias the 4-5 methods yourself. I recommend
> doing that in your env.rb file - and make sure the stepd_definitions
> files require env at the top.

For example, we've got these three aliases for our daily pleasure:

module Cucumber::StepMethods
  alias_method :Dado, :Given
  alias_method :Cuando, :When
  alias_method :Entonces, :Then
end

> I'll add an automatic alias of the methods so you don't have to do it
> manually. Next release.

Cool!!!
Nando

>     maybe inside a folder features/common_step_definitions and maybe

Fernando García Samblas
removed_email_address@domain.invalid

The Cocktail
C/ Salamanca 17
28020 Madrid
+34 91 567 06 05
Aslak Hellesøy (Guest)
Please add a ticket since I suffer from amnesia.

Sendt fra min iPhone

Den 26. nov.. 2008 kl. 17.30 skrev Fernando García Samblas