Forum: Ruby needed - ass kicking rubyist level 4.2

Ara H. (Guest)
here's the gig

   . startup

   . pays well and on time

   . gaining funding (in the current climate - whoot)

   . ruby, macs, linux, rails, bsd, mysql, merb, couchdb

this'd be a contracting (hourly) situation, at least for a little while.

if you're interested send me

   . links to code samples, more the better.

   . link to wherever you live online - blog, facebook, twiiter,
whatever.

   . link to something that'll give me some context for how you work
with other developers, irc roll, mailing list archives, references,
whatever.

   . list of things you are learning *now* - languages, tools,
protocols, whatever.

   . list of favorite beers.  if you don't drink beer - why? what do
you drink?

   . the title of the last book you read.

   . output of

      ruby -e' puts Dir[File.expand_path("~")+"/Music/**/
**"].sort_by{ rand }.first( 42 )  '

      (feel free to edit for speed)

   . an explanation of this code

     http://s3.amazonaws.com/drawohara.com.html/code.html

if we're interested we'll send you

   . nda

   . invitation to coffee, beer, tea, whatever you like.

   . naked pictures of the ceo

cheers.

a @ http://codeforpeople.com/
Brian A. (Guest)
ara howard <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> writes:

> here's the gig
> [...]

Sure you're looking for a Python programmer given the multitude of
Pythonic digit references? ;)
Tony A. (Guest)
On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 12:35 AM, Brian A.

> Sure you're looking for a Python programmer given the multitude of
> Pythonic digit references? ;)

Actually that'd be Douglas Adams... too bad there's not a language in
deference to him or I'm sure Ara would be all over it.
Brian A. (Guest)
On Nov 25, 3:17 am, Tony A. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> [Note:  parts of this message were removed to make it a legal post.]
>
> On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 12:35 AM, Brian A. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>wrote:
>
> > Sure you're looking for a Python programmer given the multitude of
> > Pythonic digit references? ;)
>
> Actually that'd be Douglas Adams... too bad there's not a language in
> deference to him or I'm sure Ara would be all over it.

"Oh no, not again!" :) that's what I get for posting when I'm
sleepy. Have no idea what I was thinking there. Maybe I consed
"meaning of life of Brian" subconsciously or something :)
Martin DeMello (Guest)
On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 6:28 PM, ara howard
wrote:

> if you're interested send me

Best job posting ever :)

martin
Gregory B. (Guest)
On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 12:56 PM, Martin DeMello
> On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 6:28 PM, ara howard <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:

>> if you're interested send me
>
> Best job posting ever :)

Definitely.  I actually started posting a reply to Ara after realizing
"Wait, I'm not actually looking for work right now" ;)

-greg
Robert D. (Guest)
On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 9:17 AM, Tony A. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 12:35 AM, Brian A. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>wrote:
>
>> Sure you're looking for a Python programmer given the multitude of
>> Pythonic digit references? ;)
>>

> Actually that'd be Douglas Adams... too bad there's not a language in
> deference to him or I'm sure Ara would be all over it.

What? Wait,  do you mean that Ada does not stand  for *Ada*ms ????

Forgive me Lady Ada but you might actually have loved that guy ;)

--
Ne baisse jamais la tête, tu ne verrais plus les étoiles.

Robert D. ;)