Forum: Ruby on Rails hooks on ror?

ponto (Guest)
i am adding functionality to the redmine's (a ror apps) repository
feature. changing some of the user interaction workflow.

I've modified some of the views and added some js and css.

What i would like to know, is if i can deploy this as a new plugin/
extension, instead of a patch.
I believe i would need to create a new plugin that inherits all the
Repository Controllers and Models, using my modified views. Also i
think the plugin would need to disable the current Repository feature,
enabling my own.

Am i right? How should i do this?

ok, i've been lurking all day. and i've maybe found the solution for
this.

so, i need a confirmation: this can be accomplished using Hooks?
Frederick C. (Guest)
On 24 Nov 2008, at 22:08, ponto wrote:

> Am i right? How should i do this?
>
> ok, i've been lurking all day. and i've maybe found the solution for
> this.
>
> so, i need a confirmation: this can be accomplished using Hooks?

This sounds like a Redmine specific question. You might have better
luck asking on their forums.

Fred