Forum: Ruby on Rails Localizing the views

Fernando P. (Guest)

Using I18n, how would you localize the hard-coded html that is inside a
view? I can't find a way to do that in a clean manner.
Ryan B. (Guest)
By hand. One string at a time.
-----
Ryan B.
Freelancer
http://frozenplague.net
Fernando P. (Guest)
on 2008-11-25 02:01
Ryan B. wrote:
> By hand. One string at a time.
> -----
> Ryan B.
> Freelancer
> http://frozenplague.net

Crap, I was fearing that would be the answer. I thought about creating a
layout for each language, but it would not be very maintainable.
Karel M. (Guest)
Hi Fernando,

you can probably make it more automated by writing a Rake task such as
this: http://gist.github.com/4068/ for Gibberish.

--karmi

On Nov 25, 1:01 am, Fernando P. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>