Forum: Ruby Can I package a Ruby library?

Zhao Y. (Guest)
on 2008-11-23 10:49
I made a Ruby project which includes may Ruby source files. I'd like to
package them into one file and let other applications use them. (Just
like jar files in Java). Can I do this in Ruby? If yes, how? If no, what
does Ruby developer do in this case?

thanks.
Farrel L. (Guest)
2008/11/23 Zhao Yi <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>:
> I made a Ruby project which includes may Ruby source files. I'd like to
> package them into one file and let other applications use them. (Just
> like jar files in Java). Can I do this in Ruby? If yes, how? If no, what
> does Ruby developer do in this case?

Rubygems are what you're looking for. Check out http://www.rubygems.org

Farrel