Forum: GNU Radio Question about benchmark_tx

Mir A. (Guest)

Can someone tell me to which device file is the data written to in
benchmark_tx.

Thanks
Ali
Mir A. (Guest)
Thanks Tom, but I wanted a more specific answer. I know that it writes
the USRP sink through tranmit_path.py. I want to know how is this sink
referenced as. Is it a device file with a name such as /dev/... etc or
is it
referenced as something else. I looked at the whole code and also the
programs that are referred to in the code but didn't find a clear
answer.
When we call send_pkt() function where is the payload written to (of
course
USRP_Sink) but what is it in terms of a file path.

I hope I put my question in clear words. If I am wrong or misunderstood
something then please correct me.

Thanks again to all and to Tom
Bye
Ali
Newman, Timothy (Guest)
The USRP sink is basically the gnuradio device driver for the USRP.
Look at the USRP library code to see how it actually sends the raw data.
It accesses the USRP through the USRP device filesystem.  It's not
simply just writing something to /dev/usrp..

Tim
Newman, Timothy (Guest)
> The USRP sink is basically the gnuradio device driver for the USRP.
> Look at the USRP library code to see how it actually sends the raw
> data.  It accesses the USRP through the USRP device filesystem.  It's
> not simply just writing something to /dev/usrp..

Whoops I meant USB device system not USRP device system.

Tim
Philip B. (Guest)
On Sun, Nov 23, 2008 at 5:14 PM, Newman, Timothy
<removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:

>> The USRP sink is basically the gnuradio device driver for the USRP.
>> Look at the USRP library code to see how it actually sends the raw
>> data.  It accesses the USRP through the USRP device filesystem.  It's
>> not simply just writing something to /dev/usrp..
>
> Whoops I meant USB device system not USRP device system.

libusb sits between the usb file system and the usrp interface library.

Look at usrp_basic.h and usrp_standard.h in:

http://gnuradio.org/trac/browser/gnuradio/trunk/us...

for an API you can use to talk to the usrp. There are similar, but
different, files for the usrp2.

Hopefully, some of this answer the original question :)

Philip