Forum: Ruby getting on the rubyforge announce list

Roger P. (Guest)
on 2008-11-23 05:05
Hi all. Question:
how does one get an announcement onto the rubyforge.org home page?  I'm
using newgem, and was...kind of thinking rake announce would do the
trick but it never seems to.
Thoughts?
-=R
Tim H. (Guest)
Roger P. wrote:
> Hi all. Question:
> how does one get an announcement onto the rubyforge.org home page?  I'm
> using newgem, and was...kind of thinking rake announce would do the
> trick but it never seems to.
> Thoughts?
> -=R

I just do it old-school, by submitting a News item from my project's
News tab. Moving news items to the front page is an administrative task
that is performed irregularly, so it may be several weeks before your
News item appears on the front page.