Forum: Ruby offline documentation for ruby

Valentino L. (Guest)
on 2008-11-23 03:56
Dear all

I try to run ri String in my Window command prompt, it show the
following error

'less' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable
program or batch file.

Is the ri not support for window? How can I fix it?

Thank you very much

Valentino
Robert K. (Guest)
On 23.11.2008 02:52, Valentino L. wrote:
> Dear all
>
> I try to run ri String in my Window command prompt, it show the
> following error
>
> 'less' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable
> program or batch file.
>
> Is the ri not support for window? How can I fix it?

Try setting environment variable PAGER to more, e.g.

set PAGER=more

No idea whether that helps.  I can't test it because I don't use the
Windows distribution.

Kind regards

  robert
Wayne V. (Guest)
On Sat, Nov 22, 2008 at 5:52 PM, Valentino L.
> I try to run ri String in my Window command prompt, it show the
> following error...

How did you install Ruby on Windows?

I'm using the One Click Installer (Ruby 1.8.6), and "ri String" works
just fine (on XP and Vista).

Hope this helps,

Wayne

---
Wayne V.
No Bugs Software
Agile Ruby (but preferably not Rails) Contract Programming in Silicon
Valley since 2001