Forum: Ruby on Rails Testing Environment for Plugints

musk (Guest)
Hello,

I'm currently creating my first plugin in rails. It creates a model
and a mixin for controllers. For testing purposes I need a test
controller (sort of a mock) to which I can include my mixin and test
wether the mixed in methods work. My problem is in order to do this I
either have to setup my test enviorment in a rails app outside of my
plugin or I have to replicate a whole rails environment in my plugin
so that the standard routing stuff and everything works.
Is this the normal procedure or is there an easier way?
I searched the group and made a search on the net but I have not found
a satisfactory answer yet. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards
musk
Frederick C. (Guest)
On Nov 22, 9:26 pm, musk <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> I searched the group and made a search on the net but I have not found
> a satisfactory answer yet. Any help is greatly appreciated.

In the past i've done the whole fake up a whole rails environment
thing, but you can also do stuff like
http://www.alexyoung.org/articles/show/44/rails_pl...

Fred