Forum: Ruby on Rails windows tail development.log

Rafael (Guest)
Hi

unfortunately I have to develop on a windows machine from time to
time. But there is a little problem, mostly for debugging.
How can I get the same output on the console as in a linux box or on
the mac?

I don't see the full output from the logger on the console.
How can I get the full output? SQL and so on

thank you veeery much!

Rafael
Greg D. (Guest)
On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 4:07 PM, Rafael <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:
> unfortunately I have to develop on a windows machine from time to
> time. But there is a little problem, mostly for debugging.
> How can I get the same output on the console as in a linux box or on
> the mac?
>
> I don't see the full output from the logger on the console.
> How can I get the full output? SQL and so on

dos != tty

Install cygwin.

http://www.cygwin.com/

--
Greg D.
http://destiney.com/

http://www.google.com.br/search?hl=pt-BR&q=windows...
Nicolai R. (Guest)
Hi Rafael,

have a look at mtail: http://ophilipp.free.fr/op_tail.htm

Kind regards,
Nicolai
Rafael (Guest)
Hey thanks guys for all the tipps!
Sazima (Guest)
Open it in EditPlus and it gets refreshed...

Cheers, SAzima
Ramon T. (Guest)
Try wormtail that's what I used before.

Ramon T.
Rick (Guest)
Yet another choice, if you have to work under MotherShip...

http://www.research.att.com/sw/tools/uwin/

Rick