Forum: GNU Radio GNU Radio Input Block Size

Isaac G. (Guest)
It seems the biggest block (complex) is 4095 samples.  Can you go larger
than this with some software hacks?  Also, when you get a "U0"  How do
you know how much data you dropped?

Thanks,
Isaac
George N. (Guest)
Isaac G. wrote:
> It seems the biggest block (complex) is 4095 samples.  Can you go larger
> than this with some software hacks?  Also, when you get a "U0"  How do
> you know how much data you dropped?

Take at the defines in fusb_sysconfig_linux.cc (given you're using
linux).  This is where these numbers come from.  However, you don't have
to change the defines, you just need to change how the usrp_basic_rx()
is called, and change the parameters there.  The defines are just the
default.

The comment "// fewer kernel memory problems" with 4*1024 may suggest
that Eric chose some of these parameters for a reason.  Unfortunately
he's on vacation for the next 3 weeks I think.

- George