Forum: GNU Radio Re: Maximum RF Input Power

Santix (Guest)

I have been testing my USRP - Flex2400 with a Signal Generator with
values
of -30dBm to 20 dBm...
Could it have been damaged???

Regards,

Santiago Ortega.
Santix wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have been testing my USRP - Flex2400 with a Signal Generator with values
> of -30dBm to 20 dBm...
> Could it have been damaged???
>
> Regads,
>
> Santiago Ortega.

It is very likely that you damaged it.  You put +20dBm into a device
that specifies a maximum input power of -20 dBm.

Matt
Andrew Read (Guest)
Hi there,
Will this be the same for the rfx400 board?
Is this due to the isolation of the HMC174MS8's being as low as 15dB and
the subsequent risk of RF leakage into the TX?

Cheers,
Drew

Matt E. wrote:

> removed_email_address@domain.invalid

addressee.  It is subject to copyright, is confidential and may be
lost by reason of this transmission.
other act on the email.
Andrew Read wrote:
> Hi there,
> Will this be the same for the rfx400 board?

Yes.

> Is this due to the isolation of the HMC174MS8's being as low as 15dB
> and the subsequent risk of RF leakage into the TX?

No, you could blow out the receiver.

Matt