Forum: Ruby on Rails How to use form_for inside form_for

Srijith n. (Guest)
on 2008-11-19 21:47
Hi friends
     I am having one doubt.i am using form_for inside form_for and if i
clicked the child form_for submit button its going to parent form_for
snd the code is written bellow.

<% form_for(:tender,:url=>{:action=>'create',:id=>params[:id]}) do
|form| %>

  <% form_for(:tender,:url=>{:action=>'only_title',:id=>params[:id]}) do
|form| %>
     <input type="submit" name="submit" value="create title" />
  <%end%>

  <input type="submit" name="submit" value="next" />
<% end %>

Here if i clicked on 'create title' button its going to 'create' action
but it should go to 'only_title' action,how to do it,please if any one
knows please reply.
Shandy N. (Guest)
on 2008-11-19 22:12
babu nair wrote:
> Here if i clicked on 'create title' button its going to 'create' action
> but it should go to 'only_title' action,how to do it,please if any one
> knows please reply.

I am not sure you can have a form within form???
Frederick C. (Guest)
On Nov 19, 7:47 pm, babu nair <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:
> Hi friends
>      I am having one doubt.i am using form_for inside form_for and if i
> clicked the child form_for submit button its going to parent form_for
> snd the code is written bellow.

You can't. The html standard does not allow nesting of forms (if you
just want the form buildery bits and not an extra form tag then
fields_for may be appropriate)

Fred