Forum: Ruby on Rails controllername_url vs controllername_path

Ashit V. (Guest)
'm new RoR.
I was just going thru one book.
I was confused between Controllername_Path()  and Controllername_Url()
in RESTful Rails apps.

Can anyone tell me the clear difference?

Thanks
Davi V. (Guest)
On Wednesday 19 November 2008 15:53:00 Ashit V. wrote:
> Hi,
> 'm new RoR.
> I was just going thru one book.
> I was confused between Controllername_Path()  and
Controllername_Url()
> in RESTful Rails apps.
>
> Can anyone tell me the clear difference?

  AFAIK, ControllerName_Url gives you something like
http://domain.tld/ControllerName, while ControllerName_Path
gives you something like
${RAILS_ROOT}/app/controllers/controllername_controller.rb

  HTH,
--
Davi V.