Forum: IronRuby AgDLR: Silverlight + DLR + Open Source

Jimmy S. (Guest)
IronRubites and IronPythonics,

First and foremost, I want to thank anyone who has used the bits on
http://codeplex.com/sdlsdk, and accepting my bullshit version of
open-source. While getting monthly binaries/sources is nice, it should
be about working on the project together ... not just me throwing stuff
over the wall to you. That's changing, now ...

Oh, and remember me complaining about the crappy "sdlsdk" name ... well,
I'm trying to get rid of that acronym ...

http://github.com/jschementi/agdlr

Above the public repository for the DLR integration in Silverlight. The
following post explains what's in there, what's not, what's git, and how
to contribute:
http://blog.jimmy.schementi.com/2008/11/agdlr-silv...

My first order of collaboration is this simple new feature,
"console=true":
http://blog.jimmy.schementi.com/2008/11/repls-in-s.... If
you like this, please feel free to look at what's been done, and if you
want to fix something that doesn't yet work correctly, I won't stop you.

Also, as I mentioned in a previous mail, I want to make the
filesystem->XAP/isolatedstorage metaphor stronger, so feel free to
experiment with that as well. Over the next week I'll get some
website-presence/wiki/etc, and we can run this project up and running.
There are still some hurdles I need to clear with getting contributed
code back into our internal codebase, and shipping on Codeplex, but
there are no problems with keeping things on GitHub for now.

Let me know if there are any question. I know I've been a bit silent on
the Silverlight front, but take this as me making it up to you. ;)

~Jimmy
Michael L. (Guest)
Very, VERY nice.  Glad to see the github love flowing, real
collaboration is
at hand!

On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 6:58 PM, Jimmy S. <
Mark R. (Guest)
Well done - that's an awesome step forward.

Pity about poor old mercurial though - doesn't get much of a look in
these
days.

I guess the 'Ag' refers to silver - out of interest, what is the origin
of
'chiron'?

On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 10:58 AM, Jimmy S. <
Jimmy S. (Guest)
Yep, Ag is Silver ... made pretty obvious by my little logo for it
http://blog.jimmy.schementi.com/2008/11/agdlr-silv...

As far as Chiron: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2060_Chiron. It's a
planetoid between Saturn and Uranus. The port that Chiron.exe runs on by
default, 2060, is Chiron's "object" number. It was derived from the
Cassini ASP.NET Web server that Dmitry Robsman wrote. Cassini was a
probe mission to explore the moons of Saturn, and Chiron was initially
thought to be a moon of Saturn.

Just a coincidence that a "Chiron" is also a mythological
half-man/half-horse =)

~js

<removed_email_address@domain.invalid<mailto:removed_email_address@domain.invalid>>
wrote:
[...]

More importantly, it's also the name of one of Jonathan Coulton's songs:
"Chiron Beta Prime":
http://www.jonathancoulton.com/songdetails/Chiron%...

Because of this I knew how to pronounce the name :)

On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 1:54 AM, Jimmy S. <